Terms and conditions
Clare Island Ferry Company
- We operate additional sailing times during peak season which are not included on the on-line booking system however if you arrive before one of these sailings and if there is space available you will be allowed to travel at that time.
- Child fares apply to children 5 to 12 years old. Children under 5 travel free.
- Student fares apply to anyone over the age of 13 in full time education.
- Prices shown are for the full fare. A discount of 5% is applied for return journeys booked online.
- We do not mail tickets. These can be collected from our offices or at the ferry anytime prior to sailing. Please have your booking confirmation number available
- Irish Free Travel Pass/ Senior Smart Pass accepted.
- Published timetables are subject to alteration without notice due to inclement weather conditions and/or other circumstances.
- No refunds unless sailing is cancelled. Published timetables are subject to alteration without notice due to inclement weather conditions and/or other circumstances. Passengers must be present for boarding at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Late arrivals will be treated as standby passengers and accommodated where possible.
- We use PayPal to take credit card payments. By using PayPal you can be sure that your credit card information is secure.
Persons with Reduced Mobility
- We operate a Ro-Ro service for persons with reduced mobility when weather and tidal conditions favour. Please contact us in advance of travel if you are a passenger with reduced mobility as tide and weather conditions need to be checked for landing the ferry at slipways for safe access.
Free Travel Passes Terms and Conditions
- If you are over 66 years of age and you permanently live in the State, the Free Travel Scheme allows you to travel for free on certain transport services.
- If you qualify for a Free Travel Pass and you are married you may get a Free Travel Pass that allows your spouse to join you for free when you are travelling with them.
- You may be eligible to get a Free Travel Companion Pass if you are medically assessed as unfit to travel alone – this type of pass allows any one person, aged 16 or over, to accompany you for free, when you are travelling with them.
- Only the named person can use the Free Travel Pass, you cannot let another person use it.
- To travel for free you must always produce your Free Travel Pass for inspection to the ferry operator.
- You and your accompanying spouse / companion may also need to produce evidence of identity at the gangway, by producing a sample of your signature(s) and/ or photographic identification.
- A Free Travel Pass may be taken and returned to the Department of Social Protection if there are good reasons for suspecting that it is being misused.